Course Code: SE-SO-108E-1
Managing disorderly conduct and threatening behaviour is a daunting and challenging role that security officers need to perform as part of their role.
This WSQ course aims to equip security officers with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to manage disorderly conduct and threatening behaviour. On successful completion, participants will acquire the essential knowledge and application skills to manage disorderly conduct and threatening behaviour, and apply them at the workplace.
This course is an elective module under the WSQ Security Framework – Certificate in Security Operations which requires the successful completion of three (3) Core Modules and three (3) Elective Modules.
To demonstrate mastery of the tasks in this course, the participants must be able to do the following within the given time limit and with the materials, tools and equipment supplied:
- Prepare for work activities
- Deter threatening behaviour through visible security presence
- Deal with disorderly/threatening behaviour
Who should attend
This course is designed primarily for the training of security personnel performing the role of a licensed security officer.
Assumed Attitudes, Skills and Knowledge
Participants are assumed to:
- Be able to listen and speak English at WSQ WPL Level 4
- Be able to read and write English at WSQ WPL Level 4
- Be able to manipulate numbers at WSQ WPN Level 4
Physical and Medical Requirement
- Be certified by a medical doctor to be physically fit for work
- Not be colour-blind or hearing impaired
- 2 Days (18 Hours) – Inclusive Assessment
- Day 1: 8.30am-10pm
- Day 2: 8.30am-3pm
- Assessment: 3pm-Onwards