Course Code: SE-SO-102C-1
Security officers are responsible for safe and proper working of any organisation, place or event. They play an important role of ensuring the safety and security of valuables, property and people. Their day-to-day duties revolve around the role of protecting the property and people within the premises. Their physically presence will deter offenses or undesirable behaviour from occurring. In addition, security officers will need to observe all activities and report any that may seem suspicious.
This WSQ course “Handle Security Incidents and Services” is design to equip new security officers with the relevant skillset to handle security incidents and services. It focuses on enabling the security officers to contain incidents of damage to facilities and equipment, handle fire-related incidents, handle suspicious behaviour and crime related incidents, handle medical or first-aid related incidents, handle bomb or IED (Improvised Explosive Device) threat incidents, search, apprehend and arrest suspect and give evidence in court.
The WSQ “Handle security incidents and services” is a core module under the WSQ Security Framework – Certificate in Security Operations which requires the successful completion of THREE (3) Core Modules and THREE (3) Elective Modules. It is also a mandatory module under the Basic Licensing Unit for Security Officers.
To demonstrate mastery of the tasks in this course, the participants must be able to do the following within the given time limit and with the materials, tools and
- Containing Incidents of Damage to Facilities and Equipment
- Handling Fire-Related Incidents
- Handling Suspicious Behaviour and Crime-Related Incidents
- Handling Medical or First-aid Related Incidents
- Handling Bomb or IED (Improvised Explosive Device) Threat Incidents
- Searching, Apprehending and Arresting Suspect
- Giving Evidence in Court
Who should attend
This course is designed primarily for the training of individuals who are embarking
build a career in the security industry.
Assumed Attitudes, Skills and Knowledge
Participants are assumed to be able to:
- Read, write and speak English at WSQ WPL Level 4
- Manipulate numbers at WPN Level 4
- Act in a professional manner
- Observe confidentiality
- Be vigilant at all times
Physical and Medical Requirement
- Be certified by a medical doctor to be physically fit for work
- Not be colour-blind or hearing impaired
- 3 Days (24 Hours) – Inclusive Assessment
- Day 1: 8.30am-7.30pm
- Day 2: 8.30am-7.30pm
- Day 3: 8am-12.30pm
- Assessment: 1pm-Onwards