Course Code: SE-SO-119E-1
This WSQ course aims to enable all security officers, including auxiliary police officers, the skills and knowledge to perform a security screening of people and bag.
On course completion, the security officers / auxiliary police officers would be able to perform security screening for person and bags at client premises and/or special/ad-hoc events (e.g. National Day Parade event, F1 race event, Football Matches, Multi-National conferences at hotels, etc) using both the walk-through and hand-held metal detectors.
This course is an elective module under the WSQ Security Framework – Certificate in Security Operations that requires the successful completion of three (3) Core Modules and three (3) Elective Modules.
To demonstrate mastery of the tasks in this course, the participants must be able to do the following within the given time limit and with the materials, tools and equipment supplied:
- Prepare security screening duty
- Prepare person for security screening
- Perform security screening of person with walk-through and hand-held metal detectors
- Conduct manual screening (pat-down) of person
- Conduct manual bag search
- Conclude security screening activities
Who should Attend
This course is designed primarily for the training of security personnel performing the role of a licenced security officer or auxiliary police officer who requires to perform security screening of person and bag in their tour of duty.
Assumed Attitudes, Skills and Knowledge
Participants are assumed to be able to:
- Read, write and speak English at WSQ WPL Level 4
- Manipulate numbers at WPN Level 4
- Act in a professional manner
- Observe confidentiality
- Be vigilant at all times
- Perceive each colour used on a metal detector visual alarm
Physical and Medical Requirements
- Be certified by a medical doctor to be physically fit for work
- Not be colour-blind or hearing impaired
- 2 Days (16 Hours) – Inclusive Assessment
- Day 1: 8am-7pm
- Day 2: 8am-2pm
- Assessment: 3pm-Onwards