Course Code: SE-SO-114E-1
The purpose of security measures on premises is to deny unauthorised access to facilities, equipment and resources while protecting the personnel and property from damage or harm, such as espionage, theft, or terrorist attacks. This can be achieved by using equipment or technology that deter potential intruders, detect intrusions, monitor/record intruders and trigger appropriate incident responses. It is important that security officers are able to operate basic security equipment competently to reduce risks in their assigned tasks.
Participants who successful complete this course will acquire the essential knowledge and application skills to operate basic security equipment such as an access control, alarm monitoring system and closed circuit television (CCTV) monitoring equipment, and be able to apply them at the workplace.
This WSQ course is an elective module under the WSQ Security Framework – Certificate in Security Operations which requires the successful completion of three (3) Core Modules and three (3) Elective Modules.
To demonstrate mastery of the tasks in this course, the participants must be able to do the following within the given time limit and with the materials, tools and equipment supplied:
- Operate access control equipment
- Operate alarm monitoring equipment
- Operate CCTV monitoring equipment
Who should attend
This course is designed primarily for the training of security personnel performing the role of a licensed security officer.
Assumed Attitudes, Skills and Knowledge
Participants are assumed to:
- Be able to read, write and speak English at WSQ WPL Level 3
- Be able to read a computer monitor and see at a distance
- Possess basic skills in operating a computer
- Be truthful and honest
- Have sense of duty and responsibility on the job
- Be disciplined and able to follow instructions when given
Physical and Medical Requirement
- Be certified by a medical doctor to be physically fit for work
- Not be colour-blind or hearing impaired
- 2 Days (14 Hours) – Inclusive Assessment
- Day 1: 8am-6pm
- Day 2: 8am-2pm
- Assessment: 3pm-Onwards