What is WTS?
The Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme is introduced to complement the Workfare Income Supplement (WIS) While WIS encourages older low-wage workers to work by supplementing their income and retirement savings, WTS encourages them to upgrade their skills through training so that they can improve their employability, upgrade to better jobs and earn more. Together, they make up Workfare, a key pillar of Singapore’s social security landscape to provide support for low-wage workers so they have the best chance to progress.
Who can qualify?
- Be a Singapore Citizen; and
- Aged 35 years and above
- Earn a average monthly gross income of not more than $2,000.
How WTS benefits you as a Self-Sponsored?
- You can benefit from up to 95% course fee funding when you sign up for any WSQ courses.
How WTS benefits you as an Employer?
- You can enjoy lower training costs and more training choices if you send your employees for training.
- The training grant can covers 95% Absentee Payroll (no dollar cap). You can benefit from this when you enroll your employees in any WSQ course.
Image Source: http://www.wsg.gov.sg
More information about WTS: www.workfare.gov.sg